Irish Blessing Quotes
There are a lot of Irish Blessing Quotes online. I thought, in honor of the day, I’d share a few with you. Credit is given to all authors wholly and completely…
May the sun shine, all day long,
everything go right, and nothing wrong.
May those you love bring love back to you,
and may all the wishes you wish come true!
“May God grant you always…
A sunbeam to warm you, a moonbeam to charm you,
a sheltering Angel so nothing can harm you.
Laughter to cheer you. Faithful friends near you.
And whenever you pray, Heaven to hear you.”
“May God give you…
For every storm a rainbow,
for every tear a smile,
for every care a promise
and a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
a faithful friend to share,
for every sigh a sweet song
and an answer for each prayer.”
DID YOU KNOW?
- That, at sixteen, St. Patrick was a slave and shepherd before becoming a priest?
- That the St. Patrick’s Day holiday is held annually on the anniversary of his death, March 17th?
- That his grandfather was a priest and his father a deacon?
- That he wrote THE DECLARATION, an accounting of his life and its mission?
- That St. Patrick used the Shamrock to illustrate teaching about the Holy Trinity?
- That legend has it he chased all the snakes out of Ireland?
- That St. Patrick’s birth name was Maewyn Succat?
- That he was born in 387 AD (many believe) in Banna vent Berniae?