- 27 Novels published.
- 4 Novels contracted/in production.
- 4 Nonfiction books published.
- Hundreds of articles on writing: craft, business, life.
- Published in as many as 63 countries.
- MFA Creative Writing.
- Ph.D. Philosophy, Theocentric Business & Ethics
*Bridge-Walker: One who walks the bridge, active in both Christian and secular communities.
The mission: To Inspire the Least in Us to Reflect the Best in Us…
A USA Today best selling and award-winning author, Vicki Hinze, has written over thirty-five books (fiction and nonfiction) and hundreds of articles that have been published in as many as 63 countries. She is also a columnist for the global Social-In Network.
Vicki writes most often in Romantic Suspense, Thrillers with a romantic element, and Military Romance or Military Thrillers for the general market or for the Christian market. She has written series, political thrillers, suspense, paranormal romantic suspense, time-travel suspense, women’s action adventure, thrillers, psycho-thrillers and contemporary romance with a strong mystery element. All of her books contain elements of suspense, mystery and romance. She enjoys genre-blending and is known as a trailblazer for doing so.
After her fourth published novel, she returned to college and earned an MA in creative writing then a Ph.D. in Philosophy (Theocentric Business and Ethics). She founded Writers’ Aids to mentor other authors, which evolved into Writers’ Zone, where she answers questions on craft, the business of writing and the writing life and maintains a free online writers’ library, ON WRITING, on her website, www.vickihinze.com. By request, some of those articles are on Kindle. Additional podcasts, workshops, lectures and feature articles are also in the writing library.
Between family and writing commitments, she has little time for hobbies and her other interests. Her favorite non-writing activity is home-improvement projects. Knocking down walls appeals to her. For fun, she designs book covers.
Hinze’s blog (vickihinze.com/blog) is divided into five categories: My Kitchen Table (chat), On Writing (Craft, business, life of writing), My Faith Zone (spiritual journey), Thinking Aloud (a thought to ponder for busy days), and Vicki Hinze Today, which contains all kinds of articles from multiple sources on things of interest relating to books and the publishing industry.
Raised in New Orleans, Hinze then married a career Hurricane Hunter/Special Ops officer. They and their children moved every few years. Mississippi, California, Illinois, Florida and Texas. They settled in Northwest Florida, where Vicki has adopted a pet turtle named Phred.
- National Service Award, Romance Writers of America
- First PRO Mentor of the Year, RWA PRO
- Reviewer’s Choice, Best Faith-Affirming Thriller of the Year, Forget Me Not •Best Romantic Suspense Novel of the Year, Lady Justice, Shades of Gray, Duplicity
- Reviewer’s Choice, Best Romantic Intrigue Novel of the Year, Lady Liberty
- Reviewer’s Choice, Best Romantic Adventure Novel of the Year, Her Perfect Life
- RT Reviewer’s Choice, Best Mainstream Suspense Novel of the Year, All Due Respect
- RT Reviewer’s Choice, Best Time-Travel Novel of the Year, Festival (aka Legend of the Mist)
- Career Achievement Award for Best Series Storyteller of the Year, Lady Liberty
- Career Achievement Award for Best Romantic Adventure of the Year, Her Perfect Life
- RT Gold Medal Awards, Lady Liberty, Acts of Honor, All Due •Respect, Shades of Gray
- RT Top Pick Awards, Shades of Gray, Duplicity, Acts of Honor, All Due Respect, Lady Liberty, Lady Justice, Her Perfect Life
- RITA™ Award Finalist–Best Mainstream, Her Perfect Life
- RITA™ Award Finalist–Best Romantic Suspense, Body Double
- Blether Gold Awards, Lady Justice
- Blether Silver Awards, Acts of Honor
- The Beacon Award, Lady Liberty, Body Double
- The Golden Quill Award, Best Mainstream/Single Title Contemporary Novel of the Year, Duplicity
- The Maggie Award of Excellence, Mind Reader, Acts of Honor, Beyond the Misty Shore
- Holt Medallion Award, Body Double, Her Perfect Life •Daphne du Maurier Best Contemporary Novel of the Year, Duplicity, Acts of Honor, All Due Respect •Daphne du Maurier Best Suspense/Mystery Novel of the Year, Acts of Honor, Lady Liberty, All Due Respect, Duplicity
- Outstanding Achievement Award, Affaire de Coeur
- Best Science Fiction Novel of the Year, Affaire de Coeur, Upon a Mystic Tide
- Laurel Leaf Award, Maybe This Time
Bantam Dell Publishing Group (Random House), Belle Bridge Books, Harlequin, Medallion Press, Pinnacle (Kensington), Silhouette, St. Martin’s Press, Waterbrook-Multnomah (Random House), Harlequin.
Sponsor International Thriller Writers. The Book Club Network. Southeast Writers Assn. New Writers’ Edna Sampson Award. Edna Sampson Benevolence Award, Bridge-Walkers, Clean Read Books, Christians Read. Library Thing, Lifetime Member. Goodreads. Shelfari. Charity of Choice: Wounded Warrior Project, The Salvation Army Donor Choice: Public Libraries.
International Thriller Writers Sponsor, former VP Board of Directors. Authors Guild. Mystery Writers of America. Novelists, Inc. Sisters-in-Crime. American Christian Fiction Writers. Romance Writers of America, National Service Award, Consultant to Board of Directors, PRO Mentor Award, Multiple RITA Award nominee. Founding Member of RWA Chapters: ACRA, First Coast RWA, PASIC and Maine RWA. Florida Mystery Writers. Southeast ACFW. Florida ACFW. Emerald Coast Writers Guild. Sandhandle Workshops C.H.O.I.C.E.
Selectee for Achievements in Writing and as an Educator
Who’s Who in the World Who’s Who in America Who’s Who Among Women
“Tense, breathless, multi-layered – and highly recommended.”
“In NOT THIS TIME, Vicki Hinze has created a tense, suspenseful story, peopled with vivid characters and set against a backdrop of deadly danger. I know I can always count on Vicki for an absorbing story I’ll remember long after I’ve closed the book, and NOT THIS TIME was no exception. Do yourself a favor and pick this book as your next read.”
“Hinze paints her tale on a broad canvas, her writing expertly controlled, rich in imagination, deep in characterization. It’s a race against time and shadowy instincts, the narrative loud with surprises, the premise all-too-believable.”
“Vicki Hinze’s new thriller, NOT THIS TIME, hones suspense to a razored edge. Riveting, relentless, and fraught with betrayals, here is a novel that cuts both to the bone and to the heart. Not This Time should be retitled Not to be Missed.”
“Vicki Hinze has created a “Keeper!’ Not This Time is engrossing, entertaining; the pages are filled with excellently drawn and very real people, and a story that keeps you turning the pages!”
“If you’re not already hooked on Vicki Hinze’s Crossroads Series, you will be this time. NOT THIS TIME is a tense and involving tale of crime and violence that takes the reader from the deepest darkness of the human heart to the light of redemption.”