Readers’ Group Guide
1.Princess Chloe admires Eleanor Roosevelt as a woman who altered the way we look at the strength and ambitions of women. Eleanor Roosevelt had a position of power in that she had the ear of her husband, the President, a mission with the United Nations, and she moved in upper society’s circles. Women without such platforms can also influence our world. Rosa Parks, Mother Teresa, Margaret Mead and many others began in very ordinary circumstances yet made significant changes.
2.Do you believe that every woman changes the world?
3.Can (or is) female influence be more powerful than male influence?
4.Secret agents move in all walks of life and all social circles. Currently in the news, there’s a case where the identity of a CIA agent was unfortunately revealed. She was also the trusted wife of a diplomat. Did her position as a wife enhance her ability to gather intelligence for the CIA? In our society, it is often common opinion that if you are pretty or rich, you are frivolous and not likely to grasp, remember or understand the value of important or “secret” information. Princess Chloe and her Gotham Rose cohorts exploit this belief, of course. But what is your opinion?
5. Do male adversaries underestimate beautiful women?
6. Do female adversaries underestimate beautiful women?
7. What about the reverse? Do women underestimate gorgeous men?
8. According to the UN, human trafficking is:
- The third largest criminal enterprise in the world
- Generates an estimated $9.5 billion annual revenue (U.S. Intelligence community.
- One of the most lucrative criminal enterprises, closely connected with human smuggling, drug trafficking, document forgery, money laundering and terrorism.
- ✦Why are women lured into this trap?
- ✦Do you think this crime occurs only in “third world countries?”
- ✦What areas in your community are likely targets for this challenge?
- ✦Have you suspected such an enterprise occurring in your home town?
Princess Chloe has money, talent, beauty and a title. She also has serious self-esteem issues.
- Do you think people seen as “perfect” or “having it all” often have self-doubt or other crippling issues?
- What is your opinion of women like Princess Diana, who was seemingly charmed and blessed with everything but was bitterly unhappy?
- Do you believe that everyone, even these with it all, have challenges and issues to resolve?
- It’s often said that perception is everything. It isn’t, but it does have an influence on how we see things and people around us.
A.How much does appearance and possessions change our self-perception?
B.Our perception of others?
C.What is the one thing about a person, or the one thing they own, that shows their character or their self-esteem?
D.Everyone forms impressions on others. Are your opinions of others formed by actions, positions, appearances, or possessions?
E.What specific action or possession makes you immediately trust or distrust someone?
9.Would a job as an undercover agent make you suspicious of everyone?
10.Is there a job that would make you trust everyone?
11.You’re in a job that makes you suspicious of everyone. How does that impact your marriage or relationships with your partner, your family, your children?
12.You’re in a job that makes you trust everyone. How does that impact your relationships? Does it bring greater risks to you and those you love? Does it create vulnerabilities, or diminish risks?